Is your home getting up your nose?
No matter how many times you clean, you know that as soon as you’re finished, more dust is going to settle on to the surfaces and crevices around your home. It’s in the air you breathe!
This means that your respiratory system is constantly under attack from airborne dust that contains thousands of pollen, plus and other allergens. Also in this COVID-19 pandemic it becomes more vital to take care of your health in Melbourne’s spring season. They may not be visible to the naked eye, but if you’re allergic to these pollutants, you will know they are there.
Dust can affect your airways, sinuses and nasal passages. People may experience mild to severe reactions such as:
- Itching of the eyes or nose.
- Runny, stuffy nose
- Watery, red or swollen eyes and even conjunctivitis
Dust also settles into your carpets, which provide a hiding place for other microscopic organisms that can cause even worse symptoms for your family. Clean your carpet with OZ carpet cleaning Melbourne.
Household dust can contain dust mites, which can trigger respiratory and dermatological conditions including asthma and eczema. Allergic Symptoms can be:
- A tight feeling in the chest
- itchy skin and rashes
This microscopic creatures or pollens are like Spiders and ticks. Their body parts and faeces contain proteins, which cause allergic reactions in people who have become sensitized to them.
The best way to battle these minute intruders is to reduce their population and remove their dead bodies and faeces from your home as much as possible.
Here are five simple steps you can take to reduce these hazardous allergens in your home:
- Eliminate or encase dust mite havens by choosing carpet with natural fibre, which can be cleaned easily. Clean your carpets regularly. Vacuum them and any upholstered furniture at least twice weekly. To safeguard your children who may be sensitized to dust and dust mites, keep them in another room during vacuuming and for several hours afterwards. Dust can leak out of the vacuum through the exhaust and remain airborne. Allergens located deep within your carpet are released when disturbed by foot traffic and other movements. Get your carpets professionally cleaned on a regular basis to remove deep-seated dust and allergens.
- Encase your bed mattresses in mite-proof covers. Mites dine on your discarded skin and hair tissues so put a barrier between your body and your mattress and pillows to keep them clear of these allergens. Wash cloth covers regularly in very hot water (130 degrees Fahrenheit) to kill any allergens in the material. Plastic covers should be washed or damp sponged every two weeks.
- Keep your children’s stuffed toys off your beds. Dust and allergens can collect in the fur and fabric of your children’s favorite furry friends, which become dangerous to your child’s health if they sleep with them. Wash these toys once a month in hot water (130 degrees F) and dry them thoroughly in a hot dryer for 20 minutes to make sure you eliminate damp areas that attract dust, allergens and molds.
- Ventilate your home to keep the flow of air moving through the rooms. Air moving through the home keeps dust from settling. You can also reduce indoor humidity to 30-50% by using an air conditioner or dehumidifier.
- Clean or replace filters on your heater and air conditioners regularly. Have your floor ducts cleaned carefully to stop dust, mites and other allergens from being pumped from room to room.
Don’t let your home make you sick
At Oz Carpet Cleaning Solutions, we are often contacted by families who are concerned about the safety of their children in their homes. They know how important it is to keep allergens under control so their family can enjoy better health and well-being.
We assist families by:
- Providing professional and thorough carpet cleaning
- Offering carpet cleaning and steam cleaning
- Helping them keep heating and air-conditioning ducts dust free
- Assisting with cleaning products that are effective and safe
Keeping your staff and customers protected
Make sure your staff and customers enjoy a clean, clear environment that enhances their wellbeing instead of circulating irritants during their working day. Many of these steps can be used in your business environment so that it doesn’t become a place that harbors dust and allergens. If you have any questions about how we can help you keep your workplace allergy-free, simple give us a call. Our professional cleaning services are available to residential and commercial clients throughout Melbourne.